Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Keith and Celia update

Hi! Wow, lots of stuff going on here. I posted a bunch on my blog, so all of you should look at that. I think both of us have traveled more miles this year than ever before, starting with a visit to ND for Michael's baptism in January, then a trip to Hawaii, followed by a road trip to ND, MN, SD, and IA, then New Zealand in August, and Peru last weekend... but that was just me. Keith stayed at home for that one. Then we're going to IA for Christmas. Probably should book a flight soon. :)

Other than lightheartedly traipsing all over the world, we are heavy into studies here in Vancouver. Keith probably has the most difficult semester ever. Here's what we're doing. Keith is taking Advanced Greek, Old Testament Narrative, and Intermediate Hebrew, while reading about 4000 pages to prepare for comprehensive exams, and working as a TA (teaching aide) for Intermediate Greek. I am taking History of Christianity, working on my thesis (there's a post about that on my blog), working as a TA for both Introductory and Intermediate Hebrew, and teaching cello. Then there's church stuff too... both of us helping out with worship music.

Yep. That's what we're up to. How is everyone doing? We're looking forward to Christmas break... and this year it will be even more fun at the Olson house, since we've got 2 more people since last time!! Yes, we are looking forward to seeing everyone again. So, that's my report. :)

Some pictures for you. Here we are in New Zealand, in the middle of a winery tour. We visited 7 wineries that day. Note Celia's purple teeth. Don't worry, we were good kids, and made use of the spit bucket, so we didn't feel the effects... NZ wine is very impressive! We loved that aspect of our trip. :)


I just got back from Peru! Here I am with my friend, Sindy, her mom, Sonia, and her nephew, Israel. We had a great time!


Update:

Keith wanted me to add the following picture, also from New Zealand. We had a New Zealander over for lunch today, and showed her the picture, but she didn't get it... in NZ, "te puke" (the name of a town) is pronounced "te pookie." Tee hee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you were trying to look like Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer or clown, I think rather the later :-) Sounds like you both have done a lot of traveling -- good for you. I'll be doing some traveling myself here soon. Take care and thanks for the post.

-Eric

Celia said...

Yes, there was a clown in the park, so Israel and I somehow ended up with clown noses too... Eric, are you allowed to post to the blog when you are away, as long as it's nothing security-sensitive?

Chocolate Inspector said...

Wow you guys, my life sounded busy until I read your post! Now I sound like a wimp! ha ha! I'm so happy you get to do so much together and travel so much. I'll check out your blog next. Take care!