Friday, September 26, 2008

Rudolph Update





Well I'm trying to add pictures and my computer is giving me crap.  SO, for now I'll just write and then edit later.  Our new addition to our family is Pheobe, our 2-year-old Cocker Spaniel/Lab mix little girl who is such a delight.  We adopted her from a local Humane Society, and she knows her commands and is loving and sweet to the kids.  She's small enough for Katie to take for walks and Joey loves to play with her by covering her with blankets and feeding her dog food.  She is so patient.  I love that she doesn't bolt out the door when someone comes.  She wiggles around the visitor (after barking) on the porch and is delighted to run right back in the house.  I love it!  

We've planned lots of family things before Eric leaves in about a month.  He still doesn't have a date, but it's coming up.  We got to attend an awesome Pre-deployment Fair which the kids got to make things like frames to put a family picture in, a Build-A-Bear with Eric's voice recorded in it, and a pillow case with a picture of each child with their Dad on it.  It's overwhelming how much they did for us, and it will really help in lonely times.  

Joey is recovered almost completely from his surgery.  It went very smoothly and we'll have tests in a few weeks to see the results of it.  He had bilateral ureter reimplantation to correct the reflux in his kidneys.  Basically, reattaching tubes from his kidneys to the bladder in a different spot so the urine stop backflowing into the kidneys, causing enlargement.  Overall, his health has been normal so we feel very blessed that this hasn't cause damage.  

Girl & Boy Scouts is in full swing, so it's hard to keep our calendar organized; we seem to have a lot of things overlapping and we have to decide what to nix.  I have become a Girl Scout team leader since the one from last year can't do it this year, so a few parents have stepped up to help out, but we're all a bit overwhelmed with learning the system and all.  This really seems fun, but I was hoping to not add too much to my plate while Eric is gone.  We'll see how it goes.  

Well, I'll see how this goes for now.  Love you all!

2 comments:

irso said...

Hi I'm glad to hear you have another dog. I can't remember the name of the last dog you had, I think before Morgan. I just remember he was big and thought he was a lap dog and liked to play with Butterscotch. I know your kids really liked our dogs and I think it does help kids to understand the meaning of unconditional love.
Hope school is starting out OK for the kids
I'm also glad that the airforce is helping with family time in preparation for Eric's deployment. Hopefully it will help Eric and Stacey and the kids. Would you mind if we had our church pray for him, we have a special time in every service where we pray for servicemen and their families?

Unknown said...

Ilene,
I'd be honored if you all pray for me. I'll be praying for myself and my family too.

I'll be leaving in November, and this week we are having Christmas in October.

That picture of me on the blog showcases the shelves we put up at my neighbors house. It was a lot of work and it was well worth it, when we were done we had some extra lumber so we made a work bench for him as well. I have a similar set-up in my garage as well. But his much better as I learned from my mistakes in doing my selves.

I love you guys, talk to you later. -- Eric

P.S. I have an account on Facebook that I have been using a lot, feel free to look me up there as well.