Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Olson Update

I nearly wrote "Fleming Update" for the title. Wow, it's been a while since I've done that! I did just read my brother's blog so that must be why. ;)

We are great here! The cool weather feels great! I love the fall season. Joseph is a lot more comfortable working in the cooler weather too.

I finally finished reading the Harry Potter books so I can get things done again. Haha! Michael was a great boy and played by himself all day yesterday while I read. This was a great change of pace because he has hit the clingy-Mom stage. He's also been working on teeth so he's been crankier than usual.

Other than battling teeth we don't have much to report here. I am planning a trip to Chicago in the next month or so to visit a college friend. She is battling cancer and it's not going well. We've decided to try something very different and she is going to start drinking my breast milk. I know it sounds crazy, but there are actually more and more cancer and chemo patients doing it with favorable results. Both she and I are a little squeamish about it but if it helps we're willing to try. If you know of anyone who has ever tried this, please let me know. We have no idea how much she should drink, etc. and have been trying to read up on it. We've only been able to find a bit of Swedish research and American articles on the topic. It's too difficult to ship the milk to her and I've wanted to visit the city for a long time so this is a great excuse. I may drive the extra 6 hours after that to see my brother's family in Columbus Ohio. And if I'm already in Columbus perhaps I could meet the Rudolphs too! (It will be Michael, myself and maybe my mom)

Hugs and (sloppy) kisses from our house to you!

No comments: