Thursday, September 4, 2008

September Vacation

Hello Everyone!!!!
Yes, I know, I have not posted in a long time.
But I have been busy...reading and working and being a big pain if you ask Gary.
I have read the Twilight Series of books by Stephanie Meyer. If you have not read them and you enjoy a sweet love story about a 17 year old girl and a 17 year old vampire and a 16 year old werewolf, well these are the books for you. Enough said...maybe you want to read them so I will not go into more details.
Other news! Gary and I have purchased a new 2008 3/4 ton Dodge Ram Truck and a new trailer to pull behind it. We made the big plunge and will suffer making payments for the next few years.
I'll post pictures when I get them taken. Last weekend we took Kris with us and went up to our property in Ogden Canyon. A very nice and secluded area, no power, no nothing just mountains, narrow roads and beauty all around. On the scond day it rained and poured and then we had more rain. We saw lots of wild life, even a moose and it's calf. This was our maiden voyage, and there were a few glitches. But all is well and everything is working. This next week we are going to go to Yellowstone. So wish us luck and happy RVing.
I miss you all so much and think of you often. Sorry I am so slow about blogging and calling.
I'll try to have something to post in the near future.

4 comments:

irso said...

Wow! you have made the plunge! Tim and I are still tent campers, but I haven't been camping for so long that I can't say I might want an RV. THere are some great campsites this way. As for books I'm reading the Harry Potter books again

Catherine said...

I love hearing about all your new camping adventures! Joseph would love to camp more but I didn't grow up camping and now I'm scared about taking a baby camping. I'm sure we'll get to it soon- Michael is growing quickly so the "baby" part won't be an issue by next summer!

I hope you enjoy the new truck! I know the Rams are very popular here.

Thanks for posting- I was missing updates from you! Thanks also for the book suggestions. I've started reading again and need a new series to start. Like Mom I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books again.

Love ya!

Krandma said...

Catherine: If you do plan to read the Twilight Series: Start with Twilight then New Moon, then Eclipse, the last book is Breaking Dawn. I loved them and have read them through several times.
You will fall in love with the characters and your husband will love how much more lovable you will become towards him. I hear it all the time from several of my work friends who have also read the series. Even Gary teases me about it. Silly man.

Christy said...

Hi Karen, Ilene and the rest of the clan from Debbie! So glad I finally found you. I couldn't believe it when I finally typed in your maiden name, and up popped Karen & Ilene's Blogspot. It was fun reaking it. Karen,Did you know that we have a class reunion picnic potluck on Aug.1,2009 at noon at Wylie Park? There was also 1 in Las Vegas in March, but I missed that one. Details are on Classmate.com. My email is marihartdj@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you. --Debbie.