Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Computer woes

Tim and I had a crash on Tuesday. The night before, an information box came up on the screen telling Tim to disable our firewall because there were two firewalls running. He didn't, but clicking on the pop-up was enough and the next day we couldn't bring up windows or anything. We followed the directions to try to fix the problem with the original windows disc, but had to go to system restore and dispite trying to save our files, we lost everything. A "friend" of ours researched our needs and purchased this computer for us a year and a half ago. There is no original paperwork nor is there a statement that the computer was registered to me. I even think that the disc for windows may actually belong to my other computer in ND because everything looks different now. (Although, Celia actually set the original parameters for my screen so every thing didn't look "stretched" and I don't know how she did it. )
The hardest aspect is all the pictures I have lost. It could be worse though. When Keith was here in May (bless him) he backed up my pictures and documents for me, so I have only lost those pictures I hadn't downloaded from the camera yet. About 200 pictures from Memorial weekend, Mother's day, Will's graduation pictures (darn me for being too lazy to send them along to him) Our May vacation and Elizabeth's birthday. I'm glad I posted my favorite pictures on the blog so I can download them back to my computer. But I'm missing a lot of cute baby pictures
My computer won't let me view Catherine's slide shows on the blog so if anyone has any help I would appreciate it.
Anticipating Eric's question. I had the most up to date version of PC doctor on my computer. When I purchase it, it was supposed to be the best virus control.

No comments: